Main Forum

Mod Bug Solved [Modded Minecraft Server] AE2stuff Crystal Growth Accelerators disappeared

6 replies
Supporter
Votes:
Mod
Supporter
Put simply, my AE2stuff crystal growth accelerators disappeared between when I logged off and logged back in again a few days later.

This seems to be a known, open issue on the AE2stuff github, issues 168, 176 and 178 all seem to describe my problem. The issue seems to be old, so a mod update seems unlikely to fix this for now.

These issues list two main solutions: connecting them with quartz fibres, and moving the security terminal. I've added in quartz fibre connections, and shifted my security terminal onto a different colour cable line to the accelerators. I'll post an update here once I know whether this has worked

EDIT: Update on progress: Quartz fibres appear to have fixed the issue for growth accelerators. However, simply having Advanced Inscribers on a different colour cable still disappeared, so Quartz Fibre connections appears to be the more reliable fix.
Posted Mar 22, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 23, 18
JamGallant aMANAGER
Votes:
+12
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
Manager
From what I can find you are correct. It is a mod issue and unfortunately all we can do is watch for an update. If players are not using wireless terminals I would recomend not using the security terminal. If you are try using quartz fiber to connect.

For the inscribers I would recomend taking the acceleration cards out when not in use and placing a hopper to catch it below.

Using a chunk loader will also stop it from breaking with the exception of server reboots.
Posted Mar 25, 18
Supporter
Votes:
Mod
Supporter
An update: Growth accelerators seem to be solved, but the advanced inscribers are still broken; even on a different colour cable run and with quartz fibre connections (identical to my growth accelerator setup), the advanced inscribers still suffer from this issue (RIP 140 acceleration cards, gone but not forgotten :cry: )

For now, I've decided to remove my security terminal whenever I log off, to hopefully avoid this happening until the mod gets an update to fix the bug. I have to say I'm not hugely optimistic about that happening any time soon, as the discussion on issue 131 seems to imply that this bug has been around since before MC 1.12, and possibly might relate to the base AE2 mod.

The discussion does also seem to indicate that using a panel interface (rather than a full block) might work, so I've set up an experimental network to test that out
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 25, 18
Supporter
Votes:
Mod
Supporter
Update 2: Electric Boogaloo

The crystal growth accelerators aren't fixed, server just crashed and they popped
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
Mod
Supporter
(Hopefully) Penultimate update:

So the issue revolves around autocrafting with interfaces, and how they interact with the security terminal when a chunk is loaded.

I just tried a quick experiment with a panel interface rather than a full block interface (put a full block ME interface into a crafting grid and you can convert it for free), and this appears to fix the issue, and does not require a quartz fibre connection to be present.

This isn't an issue if you only have one AE2stuff machine connected to each interface, but if you have multiple machines, more interfaces are necessary (one interface for each machine).

To reiterate: The fix I have found is to use panel ME interfaces, not full block interfaces. The quartz fibres were a red herring, and appear to have no bearing on whether this issue occurs or not.

The final test will be if my full setup survives a server crash/restart, I'll post here once I know.
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
Mod
Supporter
Ultimate Update of Ultimate Destiny:

AE2stuff machines connected to Panel ME interfaces do not suffer from this bug, even across server reboots. If autocrafting with AE2stuff machines, use panel ME interfaces, not full interface blocks.
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP
JamGallant aMANAGER
Votes:
+12
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admins
Manager
We have confirmed Dings theory
"The fix I have found is to use panel ME interfaces, not full block interfaces."
This will solve the issue.
Posted Mar 25, 18
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices